Search This Blog

Tuesday 15 March 2011

A weighty issue (sorry)

During Sunday’s ride Ken said something which stuck with me. It involved clipless pedals and increases to efficiency. If clipless pedals improved the transfer of power by x%. What else might help. Obviously a lighter bike, aerodynamic clothing...

Then it hit me. My bike weighs about 10kg without pedals or water bottles, so probably around 11.5 ready to go. I could shave some of this weight with lightweight bottle holders etc... but what about me. I weigh 82kgs. The upper end of the healthy BMI for my height and build. The bottom end of Healthy BMI for me would be up to 6KG lighter or 7% of my bodyweight.

This might be key to me getting better. Dragging less of ass around

I guess I’d better start counting the calories. The bloody mileage should take care of the rest!

No comments:

Post a Comment