Search This Blog

Tuesday 1 March 2011

Hi all

I'm very much new to the cycling scene having only just got on a bike for the first time in 10 years when we went for our first group cycle which for was a bit of a disaster. However I was eager to carry out the commitment I made to myself that I would fulfil this great yet challenging task of the great cycle.
Due to geographic proximity (and tube regulations that forbid bicycles) it is difficult to attend all group outings and unfortunately I was unable to make the Hever trip  but I have found some lovely little trips to do around the Barnet area. So far the longest cycle I completed was a straight there and back no rest for the wicked trip to Watford (22 miles) this took me just under 2 hours. Is that good?  I can feel that I have come a long way in the space of the month since we went out together, though reading this blog I can see I still have a way to go to get to the standard of the other guys but rest assured I will get there soon.   Trying to find time for cycling is tough for a student but I have committed myself to cycling the 4K to uni everyday (saving plenty of money for the beer kitty in the process) Planning to cycle through
Watford on Saturday to the nearby town of Chorleywood and back making the trip 34 miles meaning that I would of cycled roughly 2 days of our planned schedule which will be a great confidence booster for me.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Neil, tis Rachael here, rather new to this world of bloggin, gee WAY to cool for me. But just wanted to say that is sounds like you are doing really good. I only lasted 3miles on sunday(could not keep up with the fitties!) then had to quickly re-trace my pedalling... to ponder with a cup of tea. So do not fret. Sounds like you ve done wicked over the last month. Everyone seems to be doing great (not including moi)but its definately made me start. Hopefully see you on Sunday :)

    ReplyDelete