Search This Blog

Saturday 19 March 2011

Howdy all

Wow, I don't look at the site for a week and look at all the blog posts! Its amazing to see everyone's different view points on the trip and the training and nice to hear from Lynne. I can't really believe Dom weighs that much - don't look it!

Anyway, so I've had a little week-long break from cycling as I was getting over my tumble from last weekend. After the tumble on Sunday I was in a taxi-crash on Monday which has left me with a cracked rib (or at least very sore). I was really worried that I wouldn't be able to cycle at all but I was determined to give it a go so this morning I climbed on my bike to enjoy the sunshine.

Fortunately, the rib caused no problems and even going over bumpy roads caused no discomfort, great! I decided to do a hill ride which was really tough. I went up from Kentish Town to Hampstead Heath which is quite a hill, down the other side and then back up to the top of Hampstead.

On the last bit of the last hill I stopped paying attention and was looking down at my gears only to ride straight into the kerb - bouncing myself off a lampost on my way to the pavement. My bike fared better in this one than my last tumble and with only a misaligned handlebar and a bruised knee I triumphantly rode to the bike shop to get it repaired and serviced.

The guy in the bike shop said that these things happen in threes so hopefully my ride to Ken's tomorrow will be less painful.

Looking forward to playing music with everyone tomorrow. I was jamming along on my clarinet to "Dreadlock Holiday" this morning and strumming to "Hey Soul Sister". If I play high up barre chords and use only the top 4 strings, it kinda sounds like a uke.

No comments:

Post a Comment