Search This Blog

Monday 14 March 2011

Better late than never…..

I decided it was about time to introduce myself….my name is Lynn and I am a 46 yr old living in Lincolnshire.

I have a fairly extensive music and cycling background, but regular involvement came to a halt about 17 years ago when I got married and had kids. I picked up the guitar again about 5 years ago and started cycling again last summer to try and rid myself of the post-baby flab. (ha!! My youngest is now 9.…)

I was riding about 125 miles a week and thinking about doing my first LEJOG in 2011 when I saw Warren’s post on Facebook - it sounded fantastic to me. I have been a member of Busking Cancer UK for a while but not actually done any busking yet (I used to busk when I was in my 20’s down in Hereford, but I was young, pretty and had a cute puppy with me….now, not so much!!!) so a busking and cycling trip - perfect!

I had surgery in January and didn’t get back on the bike till Feb….it took a lot more out of me than I had originally thought and I was struggling to do even 15 miles, but the last few times out I have been feeling stronger and am now doing three 25-30 mile rides a week, with shorter ones in between. I’m planning on upping the mileage by 5 miles per ride every two/three weeks, so am pretty confident I will be fit and ready for the ride in July. I may finish last, but I am determined to get there!

The biggest hurdle training is that it is very flat here - I have to ride about 20 miles to find some hills. We do get very strong headwinds but I really need to make an effort to get in some decent hill work as part of my regular routine.

As I live in Lincs and have no transport, two young children, and work in my husband’s shop, it is unlikely I will be able to meet any of you until much closer to the start of the trip. I am really up for this trip and will do my best to keep the blog updated and keep in touch with you all.

1 comment:

  1. Nice to meet you Lynn. Look forward to emeting you. as you can see from the last few posts we are all finding it a challenge but expect to be fit enough to do it "on the day" so to speak.

    Good luck with the training. :)

    Dominic

    ReplyDelete