Search This Blog

Friday 24 June 2011

On Cycling to Work

Most people in the group cycle to work every day, but I travel between different client sites and often work out of town; meaning I can’t really cycle to work. However, this week I’ve been working all week in one office in the city, 5 miles from home. Also I had already scouted out where the showers and changing rooms are.
One of the most fun things about the journey is that I would secretly race other cyclist in stages. I split the journey into legs - Camden to Kings Cross, Kings Cross to Islington, Islington to Old Street etc. I’d stop at the lights and look at the other cyclists and see if I could complete the leg faster than the others. I also liked racing cars; sure they can go faster but I get through the traffic.
I actually really enjoyed cycling to work this week apart from the really crappy weather. On some days it would be sunny all the time I was in the office and the minute I got on my bike – it would start to rain. Also, to get the millage up, on Wednesday I got up early and went for a few laps of Regent’s Park on the way in. The traffic around Kings Cross and in the City wasn’t so much fun either.
The most important thing is that I proved that I can get on my bike every single day and not feel stiff or sore for it. Bring on LeJoG!

No comments:

Post a Comment