Search This Blog

Tuesday 22 February 2011

New year new goal

This is the blog for a group of intrepid cyclists and musicians (that's both by the way, cyclists and musicians) who have decided that they will ride from Land's end to John O'Groats... LEJOG for short. We didn't know each other before January, and in fact many of us didn't own bicycles.

I am a keen cyclist (keen not proficient), and am also on a couple of mailing lists for musical events in London. One such list is organised by Lorraine Bow of Ukulele Wednesdays. Around Christmas I got a message part of which read...

"JULY 2011:"Thought I'd let you know about a musical adventure I'm planning for next July (over about 15 days), raising money for Busking Cancer (part of Cancer Research UK). I'm putting together a travelling band to cycle from Land's End to John O'Groats, stopping to play gigs along the way. Musical prowess isn't absolutely necessary (who can't ding a triangle or bash a bongo?), but enthusiasm for what could be an amazing experience is... Beautiful countryside, adoring fans (!) and doubtless one or two amazing country pubs along the way...Planning is just starting to pick up speed and a healthy number are already signed up - but I'd love to hear from anyone else who may be interested. My contact details are on this Facebook page:

It'd be be great to hear from you,Warren Howard"

So I dashed off an email as this is exactly the sort of thing I'd been hoping to do this year. I had toyed with riding to a friend's house in Holland, or maybe a cycle tour with my brother.

Anyway, we hope to post the preperation, music and photos of the trip right here so that those of you that can't join us, can follow us.

No comments:

Post a Comment